Home

Friday, March 24, 2017

The Eyes of the Tiger


In a place full of mystery, where everything is from another era and where the time seems to have a plan of its own, I was seated on an antique sofa, and my eyes accidentally intersected with the eyes of the tiger. For a second, the clock forgot to tick and everything around vanished, like a ghost after spooking someone. It was the longest second and it made me tremor. If I was not seated, I would have fallen off the sofa.


There was no need for words because the eyes of the tiger were so vicious that a shudder ran down my spine each time they lay on me; as if he was ready for an attack but holding his ground, waiting for the right moment to hunt his prey. I was just preparing myself mentally for the tiger’s attack. Frozen, with loss of movement or ability to think straight, I wasn’t sure how to face the tiger’s eyes. As if possessed by some spirit, I was desperately trying to get away from its claws.

While kicking the cat out of the kitchen, I tried focusing on my cooking when the tiger decided to take a seat at the table. I was not sure if he was teasing me or being thoughtful, and I could not even fully understand his roaring. I had to get myself together and pay attention to his actions in order to connect the dots. I knew he was eyeing me and even though the idea was scary, I think by now, I wanted the tiger to attack me. All I could think was of the reasons why he was observing me. I could feel his eyes run down my spine like an x-ray machine as I turned. He was taking notes of every move.

Something about the tiger’s eyes were intriguing and attracting me at the same time. Later, we were seated on an antique sofa facing each other. I could see that he was nervy, and he wasn’t sure how to react at my comments. He was trying to joke, but nothing was coming right from his mouth, and at this point I think the tiger itself became a prey and I devoured it.

Sadly, in the following days, the tiger didn’t have the courage to approach me or sit next to me, but his eyes were speaking louder than his words. In fact, there was no need for his words; I could catch his eyes watching me from the other side. I wasn’t sure at this stage if the tiger was just drooling over me or he was actually interested in eating his prey.

As my last day in the city approached, the decisive day I would say, I became more and more nervous. I wished to see him again and prayed that he would get the courage to approach me. As soon as he entered the room, I could see his eyes searching for me. It was fun to watch and at the same time I felt his vision was stronger, as if it was piercing through my body. The emotions were so strong that I didn’t know how to react. Every time when he was behind me, I could feel the currents a hundred times stronger than before. If I can feel him so strongly, why does he not approach me? I wondered. What was stopping the tiger from hunting his prey?

The evening ended with us exchanging a few words after several days of waiting, but his eyes were speaking louder than his voice. As a matter of fact, the nerves were so wind up that if he opened his mouth more, he would have said something senseless, and that was okay with me as I would have closed my eyes in order to hear him addressing just two words to me, even if they made no sense.

Just before my plane took off, the tiger gathered some courage and asked to stay in touch with him.

You all probably wonder what end the tiger’s story has. So far, the story is still loading while the tiger is being shattered. Let’s see if he survives or not. There is more to come from this story…

No comments:

Post a Comment