Home

Monday, July 17, 2017

A pant-less ride in the beautiful New Zealand

I heard New Zealand was a wonderful place. In every corner of the world you find beauty but the way it is preserved in New Zealand, it is totally different from the rest of the world.
After an eventful day that we all had, seeing the Hobbit movie set and the Glowing caves, we decided to explore the remote areas of a beach. There were no phone signals, internet access or shops. As we drove with a former police officer through a scenic route, we also saw some dangerous serpentine's chasing the grounds as fast as a Formula One race car. This also made realize how fast we were driving. I felt like I was in a shoot of a Fast and Furious movie. The drive led us to an empty beach.

Since I love a bit of adrenaline in my life, I kind of enjoyed the fast drive, but let’s not forget that I had come here to enjoy the scenery and click some great photos as memories to take back with me. I was immediately captivated by the view and got distant by the group. Nothing was more beautiful than the empty beach covered in a dense fog. I never knew or thought I could get so fascinated by the nature.
Now I am not your typical photographer who is always prepared for the perfect shot with rock climbing boots and comfortable clothes. Like a diva, I was wearing heeled ankle boots, a trouser and a red pullover with short sleeves. Yes I know I was more ready for modeling and not for a rock climbing adventure, but guess what? I climbed the rocks perfectly. The police officer had a pink rain jacket in her car which she passed to me upon seeing my adventurous side. The winds were too strong and she said I might need a jacket.
All of a sudden, I noticed a bird colony resting nicely and well aligned with the rocks. I began taking pictures of the birds. As I tried to get the best angle, I felt big droplets of cold water all over me. It began to rain as if there were shower heads installed in the clouds. Now I really wanted to get the best shot, but my camera was more important at this stage, so I turned around fast and quickly hide my camera under the jacket instead of wearing it myself.
Guess whose butt was sulking wet? Mine. My trousers were so wet and the ice cold wind was only making it worse. I could feel the cold trousers sticking to my skin and giving me shivers. Since the area was remote, there were no shops around where I could buy clothes from. Once I got in the car, the police officer suggested a brilliant idea of placing my wet clothes in front of the car’s heater to dry them. Everyone else was wearing extra clothing so they just removed the upper layers and stayed in the tshirts. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. I took off my trousers and placed them facing the heater like she suggested.
Here we were amongst the most beautiful scenery one could imagine and I was trying to adapt to the awkward situation I was in – sitting with no lowers in the car with a group of colleagues.
We drove pass an area with an open view that was picture perfect, if only I was a decent photographer. We stopped the car with a sudden jerk and I was all set to take photos. As I got out of the car, I realized I was in my underwear only. But can anything stay in my way? No. I immediately wrapped the jackets around back and front like a funny skirt and jumped out of the car. Now if you could only be there to watch the show I was offering to the audience. My colleagues were rolling in tears of laughter just by looking at my outfit. Well, sometimes you got to do what you got to do. I wanted some decent memories to take back with me and this couldn’t have been better. Note to self: wear appropriate clothing for next adventures.
I am pretty sure I will forget about this note when the next adventure comes my way and I will end up having another awkward situation to share with you here!

 



















1 comment:

  1. Nice pics and good narration ,felt like Travelling to NZ now .������

    ReplyDelete