Home

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Driving the Car with a Man Hanging off It

If you think you have heard it all, wait until you hear this one.

I was half asleep at seven a.m. when I walked outside my building. The icy cold breeze woke me up in an instant. As soon as I opened the building’s entrance door to get outside, I felt like a crust of ice surrounding my legs. I rushed towards the car into the snow adventure. I climbed on top of the mountain of snow and tried to get some snow away from my car’s window. It must have been at least below twenty five degrees. Busy overcoming this snowy obstacle course, I saw him at the corner of the building spying on me.


I rushed to get inside the car and I saw him run towards me and call my name to talk to me. I instantly locked the car doors as I wanted to start the car engine. Thanks to the weather, it could it take much longer for the battery to heat and get the engine running. After three attempts, the engine began running. It was mission impossible to get out of the mountain of snow particularly when you cannot see through the rearview mirrors or windows; it makes things even more intriguing. I am surprised why this activity is not part of the winter Olympics yet. Surely, struggling with your car through the snow could be a sport. I pray to God it becomes a thing because I cannot wait to take part in the Olympics and win a gold medal for it.

Anyway, at that moment, I was just thinking how I should get out of this situation without damaging my car and keeping my calm since this insane man would do about anything to drive me crazy.

After a few minutes of struggle to get out of the snow trap, I got into the traffic. The roads were busy as everyone was rushing to work. The insanity kicked into this man and without thinking of the consequences, in his anger, he jumped and attached himself to my car’s roof top. At the beginning, I thought it was a bad dream and it was not happening to me, but the cars outside began honking. The entertained drivers were rolling the windows down to have a morning laugh at the entire scene.

Now pictures this: I am driving slowly in the jammed traffic with a man attached to my car’s roof. He was hanging himself off the left side of my car and knocking on the window to stop the car and open the door for him so we could talk. How many of you will in fact continue driving the car like I did, and how many would stop the car and let the psychopath in to talk about the story of his sad life without you even being a part of it.

I found the entire situation pitiful but this was just emotional blackmail to get his way. While thinking what on earth made me stay for a year with such a man and being mad at myself, I drove with him hanging off my car in the heart of the capital early in the morning, offering an entertaining scene to the crowed. Finally, I saw the police a little ahead of us. Seeing the police, he eventually got scared and jumped off the car and ran away.

It took me a few hours to calm myself down, and for about a week, I didn’t sleep because only God knew what else this man might do to get my attention or drive me insane or do something stupid.

It is not easy to spot a crazy man because they know how to hide it very well wrapped in nice suits and ties and well manners in public, but observe the actions and don’t get trapped in a relation where you are emotionally blackmailed or terrorized for getting out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment